Welcome to Canvas! If this is your first time using Canvas, please watch the introductory video below to learn more about the Learning Management System in use at BYU-Idaho. For any questions you may have about Canvas, take a look at the Canvas Community Help Guides or the BYU-I Specific Canvas Help Guides.
Now that we know more about what Canvas is, let's take a look at another video that explains a basic overview of Canvas. We'll learn about the dashboard, the main navigation menu, and the course interface.
Additional Help Resources
For each category, there a few guides pulled right from the Canvas Instructor Guides site that provides detailed explanations with images. (Note: These guides are not specific to BYU-I.)
- How Do I Use the Modules Index Page?
- How Do I Add a Module?
- How Do I Edit a Module?
- How Do I Delete a Module?
- How Do I Add a Text Header as a Module Item?
- How Do I Add Assignment Types, Pages, and Files as Module Items?
- How Do I Add an External Tool as a Module Item?
- How Do I Add an External URL as a Module Item?